Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sitting in a storm

While watching the effects of a thunderstorm it dawned on me how that many days we would love the benefit of one thing without the effects of another. Many days we pray for rain but hate the circumstances that it comes in. Many times the answer to my prayers comes through situations that I don't really want.

I find myself wanting the smooth days rather than the grace that accompanies the storms. Oh, to find myself fully satisfied and contented in exactly where I am would be more than I can muster. looking at the garden knowing that growth will happen makes the storm less fierce.

The underlining truth today is that even through the storm something with grow out of it. The storm did not stop the growth it merely happened while we were focused on the storm. Don't just hear thunder or see lightning. Stop see the rain view the garden and know that when it is all over something will grow out of this.

Hope you found help today.

2 comments:

  1. Michael this post helps a lot. After recently going through the roughest storms of my life I haven't always stopped to see the beauty through my tear filled eyes. He is constantly bringing his children unto Himself whether it be through engulfing storms or or great blessings. Jeremy and I just laughed this morning and said God must really love us to make us go through all these trials because He chooses who will go through the trials and testings. This morning was just an emotional day, as Jeremy was on his way to painting trip for three days and I couldn't bare the thought of it. Then while on his way our car broke down and I got the dreaded call. On my way I had taken 3 checks to drop off at the bank on the way back from picking Jeremy up. I had put the checks on the dash of the truck(BTW w/no air)but in the hurry to pick Jeremy up forgot them. However, when I was going down the hwy at 65 MPH they flew out of the window and into 311 bi-pass. I looked like a crazy person in the middle of the hwy trying to catch my flying money, but I was desperate. That was our bills being pd. kind of checks.Needless to say this did not help with my anxiety.However, I made it to my sweet groom and when I saw him it was like fresh air.When I told him what had happened we both laughed and said God must love us that he would put us through such things. He is our Refuge and I love Him regardless of my hurt and trials I go through. I needed this post to remind me of his faithfulness.
    Love yall

    ReplyDelete