I am now trying to get my thoughts together for the next round of Bible Study notes. This got me to thinking. How much of God do we really want? Is what we have now enough ti satisfy us deeply. I heard a man say one time "What we know about God is so little we should be ashamed of what we brag about." I have learned the more I learn I really do not know.
In going through a revival this week I have seen a small church go from cold to luke-warm to on fire. The work which the Lord is a truly eternal work. I began to think that this moving of the Lord was unusual. Why should it be? Should we live our lives to stay hot in the things of God! The purpose of our existence us to show forth the glory of God.
My life in the moving of God are not very in-depth, that is my shame and embarrassment. My goal and purpose in living is to both experience and show forth the wonderful glory of our great God. The more time I spend with Him and His Word the more my life will reflect His purpose for me. That is what my life is to be my purpose and His being identical in my life. This means that my desires must be lost in His.
Oh, that God would bear His arm and make me the man He desires me to be. I am ready to live His purpose as my very own. Thank you for reading and hope you found a little help.
No comments:
Post a Comment