Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten my law, I will also forget thy children."
In the sixth verse we see three major thoughts that proves that the Study of the Bible is Necessary. The purpose that is in this verse is found in one word Steadfastness. There is a Necessity for Steadfastness. In uncerain times there is more of a demand for men to stay holy and steady within the truths of God's Word. These truths are here to help us pattern our lives after the example of men through the Word of God.
The Necessity for Steadfastness is for the following:
1. To End the Peril.
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Destroyed implies that they were destroying themselves.
The truth that people will only endanger their Spiritual lives when they do not take advantage of the Word of God. You will only only believe God for what you know He can do. The lack of Knowledge in your life will hinder your faith in all aspects of your life. You will always just believe what you have confidence
2. To Enlighten the People
"Thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee"
Rejected implies that you draw or pull away
We see this many times when a truth may hit closer to home than you would want. We would never just discard the entire Bible we just shy away from the part that we don't want to acknowledge as truth. This is the most simple mode of compromise anyone can do. They will only apply the parts that they believe and live as though the other parts do not exsist.
3. To Encourage the Principles
"Seeing that thou hast forgotten the law of God."
Forgotten implies that they lived their lives without the law of God.
Here is where it becomes hard for me to talk. How many days have I acted and/or reacted without the precepts of the Word being by stability. To live your life as though the Word of God is effective to you is a step away from idolatry. When we cope without His Word we will find ways to replace them. How often do I realize after the fact how un-Biblical my life really is.
The truth is that for the sake of me standing for the truth I must always be in the Word of Truth. To be honest this is the burden of my heart, If I want to be Christ-like I can only do that by being what His Word requires of me.
My prayer is that maybe some help was received and possibly a desire to want to have better stability within your life
No comments:
Post a Comment