Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bible Study

I believe that the most important and the most neglected part of every Christian's life is time spent studying the Word of God. I caught myself just studying to prepare an outline to either preach or teach. That is important but I never knew the joy of diving into the Word to just see what it says. The truths that you find were never accidentally found. Truths are like gold nuggets, they must be dug out.

I love preaching the Word. Love hearing the Word preached and taught. In all honesty the only thing that I love even more than teaching and preaching the Word is the opportunity I get to study the Word of God. Study to me is when I get to simply focus on what the Lord has for me to learn.

I understand that the Bible is not all that God knows but it is all that He wants us to know. That being said I know within my lifetime I will never scratch the surface of the truths that is hid in the Bible. There is no better life that I know worth living. The Word of God being put to work in my life is the joy that motivates me daily.

Over the next few weeks I am wanting to share some thoughts and outlines on this subject. The Lord has given me some thought, which I will never say are original neither deep. Just want to help some that might want more knowledge or understanding on this subject.

Thanks for reading and hope you received help and encouragement

No comments:

Post a Comment